Do you have missing teeth? Are you fed up with loose or slipping dentures? Well, all-on-4 dental implants may just be the right option for you! All-on-4 dental implants provide a stable foundation and give you the smile you desire. If you already got your all-on-4 dental implants and want to understand what you can eat after your procedure, our experts are here to help you out.
What Are All-On-4 Dental Implants?
All-on-4 dental implants are four implants placed on your upper and lower jaw. The main purpose of this is to support fixed dentures and eliminate the need for an implant for every missing tooth. The dental implants are made of titanium and fuse with your jawbone creating a stable foundation.
Benefits Of All-On-Four Dental Implants
- All-on-4 dental implants improve your appearance and prevent further deterioration of the facial structure.
- Dental implants decrease wrinkles and make you look younger.
- After getting the highest quality all-on-four dental implants, you can eat whatever you want, and enjoy them anywhere you want without feeling insecure.
- All-on-4 dental implants provide a stable foundation. It creates a permanent set of teeth with a non-removable implant-supported retained bridge so your new teeth can last a lifetime.
- Your teeth will feel and function just like natural teeth and you will feel more confident in smiling, eating, and speaking, improving the quality of your life.
- It will eliminate health issues associated with failing and missing teeth
- All-on-4 improves your overall health by reducing the risk of loose teeth.
- You can easily maintain your teeth, and with daily brushing, flossing, and regular visit to the dentist, your implants will last for years to come.
How Will Your Mouth Feel After All-On-4 Surgery?
After your surgery, you may experience some swelling and brushing. However, this is completely normal, just like any other procedure. To reduce your pain and swelling, the dentist will prescribe over-the-counter medication. You can also apply ice packs to your face to reduce swelling. Moreover, the best dental implant specialist will help you throughout your recovery process making the experience a lot smoother.
First Two Weeks Post Surgery
During the first two weeks after your surgery, your mouth will be tender. It is best to have a no-chew diet. Following are a few examples of foods and beverages you can have during this time.
- Coffee and tea
- Protein shakes
- Ice cream (without hard add-ins)
- Mashed potatoes
You should stick to a liquid diet at the beginning. Avoid warm beverages for the first few days and make sure you stay hydrated during this period. Fluids that are rich in nutrients will promote the healing and recovery process. Avoid using straws which can cause a dry socket, which can cause a lot of pain, and loosen the blood clots causing more bleeding.
Two Weeks To 3 Months Post Surgery
After a few weeks, you can resume eating soft foods. As your jaw is still healing, you should avoid hard, crunchy, chewy foods that can disrupt your recovery process and cause pain. Once the swelling and tenderness subside, you can continue with other foods. Instead, you can opt for the following foods.
- Soft bread
- Mashed fruits and vegetables
- Soft tofu
Resuming A Normal Diet
Once your dental implants fully integrate with your jawbone, you will receive your permanent new teeth. You can now continue eating all your favorite foods without any hesitation. However, this may take up to 6 months after your initial surgery. Till then, you need to restrict your diet; however, all-on-4 dental implants are worth the wait!
Restore Your Missing Teeth With All-On-4 Dental Implants In Houston
We hope this blog helped you understand what to eat after all-on-4 surgery. Although the process of dental implants may seem complex, with the right dental team, you can be sure to have a pleasant experience. If you have missing teeth and want to restore your smile, make sure you visit the best dental implant specialist in Houston who will guide you throughout the procedure and ensure you have a successful restoration.